Booking an Appointment
If you wish to book an appointment, please use our Online Booking System or call us at (613) 235-2377. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to call us or email us.
24 hours notice is required for cancelling any appointment. Less than 24 hours notice will be considered a missed appointment.
Our cancellation fee is $60 for 30 - 60 minute treatments. The fee will be $95 for 75 - 90 minute treatments.
A second missed appointment or late cancellation will be subject to the full appointment fee.
Cancellations must be done using our Online Booking System or call us at (613) 235-2377. Please DO NOT use email for cancellations.
No Scents Is Good Sense!
Some of our clients and therapists are hypersensitive to perfumed products. Such products can trigger a dangerous asthma attack and/or other symptoms such as headaches, nausea and sinus irritation in these people.
Please do not wear or apply any scented products while in our clinic.
Thank you for your co-operation.
If it is your first appointment, you will be requested to arrive 10 minutes early to fill out a confidential case history form pertaining to your health Alternatively, you may print and complete the confidential health history form and bring the completed form to your appointment. Your appointment will commence with a review of this form prior to your assessment and treatment.
Each treatment includes a brief assessment of your case prior to the actual treatment. You and your therapist will mutually agree to what needs to
be treated prior to commencing the actual treatment. Your privacy will always be respected and you may withdraw consent or request to change your treatment at any time.
As a Health Information Custodian (HIC) under Ontario's Personal Health Information Privacy Act (2004), the staff members in this organization are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
It is not the practice of the Metcalfe Massage Therapy Clinic to buy, sell or trade private information.
Our responsibilities include:
- Collect only the information that may be necessary for your care
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records
- Safeguard the medical records in our possession
- Only when it is deemed necessary for your treatment , and with further written permission, will we contact other health care providers outside the clinic
- Information may be shared with another health care provider (including any member of a regulated health profession under the Regulated Health Practioners Act) and organizations on a "need to know" basis only where required for your care (emergencies, serious safety issues, other RMTs in the clinic)
- Disclose information to third parties only with your express consent, or when necessary for legal reasons
- Retain and destroy records in accordance with the law
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information for purposes related to your care. As noted above, other purposes require your express consent.
Your rights include:
- Understand the purposes for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information
- Refuse or give consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal health information, except where required by law
- Withdraw or change your consent
- Access to view your records
- Request amendments to your records
- Obtain copies of your records (please request the fees for this service).
- Complain to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) about a custodian's refusal to give you access to all or part of a health record
- Make a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commissioner about any breach of your privacy
= PDF documents. You will need the free Adobe Reader to view these documents through your browser.